Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Friday, March 16, 2012

The next day...

A lot of times you anticipate and wait for a certain day and then when it is over you come down from the excitement and feel a little blue. Well you know what? That did happen just a little to me but I am still celebrating!! I think it had more to do with the fact that I waited up last night until 1am for J.W. to come home from a youth activity (although the extra shot of espresso in my free Starbucks drink may have contributed to that wide awake issue too) :). 6:30a.m.  came very quickly and today seemed to drag a little at work. I did enjoy my flowers and balloon and candle again today but then I forgot and let them there for the weekend.
We enjoyed some family time at Chili's tonight where I had chips and salsa (free) and then turned in my birthday certificate for a free brownie sundae, which I shared with my hubby! 

The boys wanted dropped off at home and then I ran some errands-turning in rewards certificate for ink at Staples and using a gift card, gift certificate and coupon at Kohl's for a new outfit for me and a tie for J.W.
One new thing I learned today was when a florist came in and commented on my tulips. She said that tulips continue to grow up after they are cut and put in a vase. I didn't know that but it made sense because they did look longer today and were drooping longer over the vase by this afternoon. I tried to do some research on it but couldn't find any proof to back it up-let me know if you find anything.
Sometimes you have an exciting event and when it is over you feel some let down. Feelings sometimes change. But it reminds me that Christ never changes. He never lets me down and I never have to worry about Him leaving me.
Malachi 3:6 
"For I am the LORD, I change not;"





No comments:

Post a Comment