Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Let your Light Shine


I like the verse..."Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Also, Matt. 5:14-15 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house." LIVE THIS VERSE!
In the absence of light there is only...darkness. No one wants to be in the dark all the time. I may be the only light some people see that could point them to Christ. My life should point them to Christ, the ultimate LIGHT. I can only live one day at a time but I can be a witness. I can be that light to others through my actions and my words. Do you live your life only for yourself-what you can get out of it-like the motto-He who dies with the most toys wins? This is NOT true. You cannot take any material things with you when you die. We should be living for Christ and striving for the incorruptible things that will turn into crowns so that we can cast them at Christ's feet when we reach heaven. "What's done on earth will pass, only what's done for Christ will last."
Light is a wonderful thing. Let your light shine! 
Can't you hear that child's song in your head right now? "This little light of mine I'm going to let it shine."


No comments:

Post a Comment