Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

NCAA March Madness

 Today I jumped into the bracket madness and was given a crash course by one of our clients on how to pick the teams and who I think might win. I watch basketball by default-because my teenage son watches all the games and knows all the teams and can tell you the who's who and stats and all!
Do you like basketball? I enjoy watching college ball-the play is more intense and I like watching the crowds on T.V.-they all wear team colors and participate-it's fun to watch!
There are a lot of people who take this very seriously and watch every game possible. I won't watch all of them but I will keep track each day to see how close my guesses on the brackets are correct.
Michael tells me you need to pick one wild card that could upset and win it all the way. I tended to play it pretty safe-I've picked my final four and who I think I would like to win it all-my son says it won't happen :)
It all boils down to this-each of these teams have practiced and worked hard and played their best in order to get this far and have the records that they do in order to be known as the best of the best. It makes me think of my christian life. I should be working hard and studying God's Word and sharing the love of Christ with others so that they can know Him-the best of the best. We can come out on top as the winner if we have Christ on our side!
1 Corinthians 9:25 
"And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible." If we strive to do our best one day at a time and learn about Him more and more each day we can grow closer to Him. If we have accepted Him as our Savior then we will spend eternity with Him after our race is run.
II Timothy 4:7-8
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
   8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."




No comments:

Post a Comment