Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Monday, August 13, 2012

A Last First...


Today I prayed my youngest out the door for his last "First Day of School".
I look back and think how quickly time has flown by. I remember the day he was born-Easter Sunday-1995. And now almost 18 years have gone by, in the blink of any eye. I thought about a couple of different lines of thought that I could travel down. One-even when we finish our formal training in school, we should never stop learning. We will never know it all, especially when it comes to the truths in God's Word. We should always be reading and studying it, to learn more of Christ. As we learn more of Him, it will impact our life.
Matthew 11:29
"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
The other thought that I had was that as we live one day at a time, we experience a lot of "firsts" in our lives-our first tooth, our first job, our first car, and we experience a lot of "lasts"-our last day of school, our last day as a teenager are just a couple.
We don't know how many years we will be given to live here on earth. One day we will take our "last" breath. Each day is a gift and should be lived to honor and glorify God.
Job 33:4
"The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life."
Days turn into months that turn into years that turn into decades and then half a century, if God allows us that many years. Some even live up to a century. What do we do with the days we are given?  Praise the Lord for each morning we awaken and are able to continue to live for the Lord. Live your life to the fullest with eternity in view.
Psalm 16:11
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."




No comments:

Post a Comment