Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Friday, November 2, 2012

A New Ride

Time marches on! Our kids grow up...go to school, get their license, find jobs, graduate from high school, go to college, and the list goes on! We are in the middle of all of this "growing up" stage. We have one daughter who has finished high school and is away at college in a nursing program. We have our son still at home but in his last year of high school. Schedules get busy and it gets more difficult to get everyone to their jobs or games or school all at the same time. We had been a two car family for many years. Two years ago my husband bought a motorcycle to be able to have transportation to work. It has helped a lot. God has been good and providing for all of our needs and wants. My husband works only a couple of miles from home so I am able to drop him off and pick him up if the weather is bad. Next year our daughter will need a car to get back and forth to her clinicals. So we had started looking for a safe reliable used car that would work for our family. Our one family car has been in our family for 10 years and has many many miles on it and will soon need to be replaced. My husband is great in looking and researching to find a safe and reliable and affordable vehicle that will work in our family. Last week we found it! This week we finally received the title and today we got the plates and Mama got to take it out on the road! It is my new mode of transportation and I really like it! Even better, my hubby says we may keep it and look for something else next year when we need it.
My point for sharing my news is this...
Philippians 4:19
" But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
God is good. God has always supplied...over and above what we could ask. There have been lean times but  we have never gone without. I am so thankful for how He supplies. He cares about every detail in our lives.  I hear this next statement a lot but as we live one day at a time it is so true...God is always on time. He is never early and NEVER late. His timing is perfect although it may not always be in our timeline. These times help me refocus and remember that God is ALWAYS in control and will take care of us.
Ephesians 3:20-21
" Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment