Abraham Lincoln~

The best thing about the future is that it only comes One Day at a Time~ Abraham Lincoln

Friday, November 16, 2012

Power Supply



Today I took a trip to a location in my town that has been preserved for history. I think that I would have enjoyed living in this time period-it would have been hard and a lot slower but it would have been fulfilling. We look back now and think-we have come so far there isn't any way we would go back. But if were still living that type of lifestyle I believe that families would be closer because they would all be working together to accomplish all of the chores that need to be done in order to just live one day at a time-tending a garden in order to have food-raising livestock so that the animals can provide by products for daily living as well-laundry that had to be done by hand and required more time-and many other aspects that we take for granted nowadays with all of the technology that we now have.
Most farms and home each had to provide their own power supply. We now flip switches and the power is there immediately. Back then they had wells for water that had to be drawn and wind that supplied power for other purposes.
A windmill was a means of power.
We as Christians have also been given an unlimited supply of power to live our lives. We are to live "in His power".
Phil 4:13
 "I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me."
Ephesians 6:10
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might."
Zephaniah 3:17
"The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing."


It's a wonderful promise to know that God is always there for us and will give us strength and power to live a triumphant Christian life. It will be challenging and there will be bumps along the way but if we turn to God and ask He will give us the strength to carry on. Go to the One who has the unlimited supply of power and trust in Him-singing His mighty power.
I Sing the Mighty Power of God by Isaac Watts

I sing the mighty power of God, that made the mountains rise,
[or I sing th'almighty power of God...]
That spread the flowing seas abroad, and built the lofty skies.
I sing the wisdom that ordained the sun to rule the day;
The moon shines full at God's command, and all the stars obey.

I sing the goodness of the Lord, who filled the earth with food,
Who formed the creatures through the Word, and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed, where'er I turn my eye,
If I survey the ground I tread, or gaze upon the sky.

There's not a plant or flower below, but makes Thy glories known,
And clouds arise, and tempests blow, by order from Thy throne;
While all that borrows life from Thee is ever in Thy care;
And everywhere that we can be, Thou, God art present there.


No comments:

Post a Comment